>>I used once in the SQL requester that "where" condition
>>instr(1,Col_Name," ")>0

If possible one should always use pure SQL statements.
Where Col_Name like "% %"

Its time eating using function calls from a SQL statement.
A simple test on 500,000 records is 3.44 % faster with pure SQL.

Best regards,
Jakob

Jakob Lanstorp                              [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Developer
Kampsax A/S - GSL                        http://www.kampsax.dk
Authorized MapInfo Partner & Distributor in Denmark and Norway
Address: Rugaardsvej 55, DK-5000 Odense C, Denmark
Telephone: +45 6313-5000               Facsimile +45 6313-5090
Visit http://www.kortal.dk and see Denmark from above!

Se mere om Dansk MapInfo Brugerkonference på
http://www.kampsax-gis.dk/Default.asp?ID=296

"Jacques Paris" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sendt af: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
09-03-2001 20:58
Besvar venligst til "Jacques Paris"

        Til:    "Morrier, Steve" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
        cc:
        Vedr.:  RE: MI-L SQL Select

I used once in the SQL requester that "where" condition

instr(1,Col_Name," ")>0

JP

Jacques PARIS

e-mail  (>>>19.12.00)  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

For MapInfo support, see the Paris PC Consult enr. site  at
http://www.total.net/~rparis/gisproducts.htm

For MapBasic questions see the J.Paris site at
http://www.total.net/~jakesp/index.htm