I think mapinfo 7 doesn't automatically recognise the CustSYMB folder
the way it did in previous versions. I think you have to add the
location of the custsymb folder in the startup.wor file manually.

We altered our startup.wor to look like this:

!Workspace
!Version 400
!Charset WindowsLatin1
Reload Custom Symbols from "m:\custom symbols"

Try that, changing the location of the custom symbols to wherever it is
on your machine / network.

Cheers

Jonathan Gledhill
Assistant Operations Engineer
Biwater Treatment Ltd

Tel: 0141 847 5672
eMail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

>>> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 20/01/2004 15:46:05 >>>

Dear All,

I am trying to import custom symbols in to MapInfo 7.  I have saved the
.bmp
files in the CustSymb folder, hit refresh in MapInfo, but they don't
appear.
It is the right folder as I have taken out symbols that are already
there,
and they no longer appear in MapInfo, I put them back, hit refresh and
they
are back again.  It's just the images I have created that don't work.
have made the symbols the same file size and dimensions as the ones
that
work, but still no luck.
Regards,
Fergus.

SMOKE ALARMS SAVE LIVES

Go to London Fire at www.london-fire.gov.uk/firesafety

This email is confidential to the addressee only. If you do not believe
that
you are the intended addressee, do not use, pass on or copy it in any
way.
If you have received it in error, please delete it immediately and
telephone
the number given, reversing the charges if necessary.

CONFIDENTIALITY

The information contained in this message and any attachments
are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom
they are addressed.  It may contain privileged or confidential
information.  If you are not the intended recipient you must not
copy, distribute or take any action in reliance on it.  If you have
received this e-mail in error please notify the sender.  Thank You

This e-mail message has been swept by MIMEsweeper for the
presence of known computer viruses.