Bob,

That sounds kind of strange. The voronoi for each store should represent the
area closer to each store than to any other store - just as you expect.
And therefore each customer should be within that voronoi that also contains
the store they are closest to.

Have you tried using the DistanceCalculator, that came with MapInfo 7.8 - or
even the improved one for MapInfo 8.0 ? This tool will give you the nearest x
stores for each customer. x can be 1, 2 or as many as like. So this would be
another way of getting the result, you are looking for.

The tool from MapInfo 8.0 the result will be represented as a line between the
customer and the store. I'm not sure if this also is the case with the 7.8 tool

Peter Horsbøll Møller
GIS Developer, MTM
Geographical Information & IT

COWI A/S