On Tue, 09 Jun 2009 14:06:09 +1000, Rahkonen Jukka <jukka.rahko...@mmmtike.fi> wrote:

Hi,

Thomas Bonfort seems to do it this way:
 CLASS
        EXPRESSION "primary"
        STYLE
            WIDTH 14
            OUTLINECOLOR "#B7AC9A"
            OUTLINEWIDTH 1
            MINWIDTH 1.5
            MAXWIDTH 12
        END
        STYLE
            WIDTH 14
            COLOR "#FFFF7A"
            MINWIDTH 1.5
            MAXWIDTH 12
        END

Thanks, I'll give it a shot and post the results. IIRC though when I tried a variation of this a couple of weeks back I kept getting the mapserver message: "Cartoline drawing is deprecated with AGG", so I figured that wasn't the correct way to do it. :-)

And I had not realised that *COLOR directives accepted a hexadecimal value as an alternative to R G B values! That will make things easier.

As to the other implied question in my OP - since I've discovered that rendering with transparency on fixes a number of artifacts - so does anyone know of a solution for setting background when rendering RGBA tiles since IMAGECOLOR no longer seems to work?

Note that since I am rendering a flat tile which includes a background I'm using RGB rather than RGBA and I suspect this may affect rendering of OPACITY in layers. However I can't seem to find the magic that will render a background colour other than black (and yes, I'm using IMAGECOLOR in the MAP section, but it seems to have no effect when rendering with
transparency).

Regards,
David