I'm having to reinstall Mapserver after some significant hardware issues. I was perusing the documentation and find several explicit entries for installing on Windows.

For Linux, there's the suggestion to use FGS (used it before, isn't latest version, but will probably work), or Debian. Sorry, guys, ubuntu is a debian variant, so while it's nice that there's GIS systems for debian, they are, to my mind, the same.

My question: Where's the information on dependencies to compile and use Mapserver? If they reside in the pdf documentation, I've tried to snag it, and the pdf appears damaged: unreadable in eVince or Acrobat reader.

Looking for suggestions on how I might proceed.

Thanks, Gerry
--
Gerry Creager -- gerry.crea...@tamu.edu
Cell: 979.229.5301 Office: 979.458.4020 FAX: 979.862.3983