Hi,

On 10/12/22 16:37, Sven Schroeter wrote:
I don't know if I understood you correctly, but I think the solution for you would be an image catalog, right?
Then you would have only one layer for the UTM maps.
In the mapfile it would look like this, in the .dbf in the column "location" would be the paths to the png data.

LAYER
     NAME "utm_data"
     STATUS ON
     MAXSCALE 8000
     TILEINDEX "filesindex_png.shp"
     TILEITEM "location"
     TYPE RASTER
     PROCESSING "Resample=average"
     CLASS
     name "utm_data"
     END
END
Like here: https://mapserver.org/input/raster.html#rasters-and-tile-indexing ? I'm still a total newbie to mapserver and haven't had much time to tinker with it yet, unfortunately. But that looks easy enough. So, basically, I 'find' all pngs/pgws, move them from the subfolders into one folder and run gdaltindex over the folder. And that creates a shapefile which I use as data source? Let's try that.

-S

--
 (o_   Stefan Gofferje            | SCLT, MCP, CCSA
 //\   Reg'd Linux User #247167   | VCP #2263