Le Wed, 19 Jan 2011 07:31:48 -0500,
Fabián Rodríguez <magic...@member.fsf.org> a écrit :

> On 11-01-19 03:11 AM, charles.h.schulz wrote:
> > Fabian,
> >

> > Thank you for your input. As these are not official DVDs, please
> > take out "The Document Foundation" from the labels.
>
> Hi Charles,
>
> The logo is licensed under the Attribution Share-Alike 3.0 Unported
> License (
> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:LibreOffice_Initial-Artwork-Logo_ColorLogoContemporary_2000px.png
> ), and the LibO files I include are all identical to the original
> downloads. Why should I take out the logo ? That reminds me perhaps I
> should indicate attribution for the logo, would that be Christoph
> Noack or TDF ?

No, or rather: Sorry for the mess :-)
Yes the logo is under that licence, but my comment was more on the
usage (see our TM policy). Basically if you say, "distributed by Fabian
Rodriguez" it's a bit weird perhaps if we let "The Document
Foundation"...

In any case we need to work on that...

> If we have the same approach to any new contributors producing
> marketing material I fear we won't get much traction with such
> projects. I'll keep the published files on the wiki unmodified for
> now.

Not everything is ready, please bear on with us :)

> > BTW; I'm very interested in starting a physical distribution team
> > for LibreOffice, something official. Would you like to join?
> >
> In my limited capacity for this, yes. I've been doing this for quite
> some time for the Ubuntu project and did before for OpenOffice.org so
> I have a few ideas - but mostly a constant need to distirbute DVDs/USB
> keys. One project that didn't take off (mostly because of the free
> ship-it CDs I guess) was "Ubuntu in Libraires" - perhaps a more
> sensible approach would be to register different LibO distributions
> and media as media publications with an ISSN for library donation...
> I'll start another thread on that sometime. See this link for details
> about the stalled Ubuntu in Libraries:
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuInLibraries
>
> Let me know what you think.

I do think it's brilliant; but we also need to provide some specific
guidelines on how to burn CDs/DVDs, labels, etc. The same for USB
keys... In short, we have work to do :)

Would you like to open a new category on the wiki "Distribution" and
write down some ideas?

Thank you,

Charles.