On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 10:59 AM, Charles-H. Schulz <
charles.sch...@documentfoundation.org> wrote:

> Le Wed, 19 Jan 2011 07:31:48 -0500,
> Fabián Rodríguez <magic...@member.fsf.org> a écrit :
>

> <snip>
>

> > > BTW; I'm very interested in starting a physical distribution team
> > > for LibreOffice, something official. Would you like to join?
> > >
> > In my limited capacity for this, yes. I've been doing this for quite
> > some time for the Ubuntu project and did before for OpenOffice.org so
> > I have a few ideas - but mostly a constant need to distirbute DVDs/USB
> > keys. One project that didn't take off (mostly because of the free
> > ship-it CDs I guess) was "Ubuntu in Libraires" - perhaps a more
> > sensible approach would be to register different LibO distributions
> > and media as media publications with an ISSN for library donation...
> > I'll start another thread on that sometime. See this link for details
> > about the stalled Ubuntu in Libraries:
> > https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuInLibraries
> >
> > Let me know what you think.
>
> I do think it's brilliant; but we also need to provide some specific
> guidelines on how to burn CDs/DVDs, labels, etc. The same for USB
> keys... In short, we have work to do :)
>
> Would you like to open a new category on the wiki "Distribution" and
> write down some ideas?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Charles.
>

> > Cheers,
> >
> > Fabian
> >
> > --
> > Fabián Rodríguez
> > http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/User:MagicFab

IMHO an ISSN is a great idea for libraries. The application is free.
The application form [1] is a one page .pdf. that can be emailed.
Application needs to be submitted by the publisher... I assume
a designated representative of the TDF.

There is a "how to" [2] and a FAQ [3]

[1] http://www.loc.gov/issn/form/
[2] http://www.loc.gov/issn/basics/basics-brochure-serials.html#how
[3] http://www.loc.gov/issn/faq/index.html

Lyle Cochran, LibO distributor in waiting.