Hi Mike, hi all!

Am Sonntag, den 30.01.2011, 11:35 +0100 schrieb Mike Houben:
> Am 30.01.2011 um 04:40 schrieb Tom Davies:
> > It is better to give people links rather than just criticise so i went to
> > our
> > wiki page because i know a couple of people have designed Cd/Dvd labels.

> >> From the mailing lists i remember each person that designed a label just
> >> getting
> > criticised rather than helping to have something ready for general use.
> > Meanwhile other teams, such as developers, have produced excellent finished
> > products.
>
> If nobody asks the DesignTeam they can't Design something for you, so
> nothing exists. That's my point which is bugging me.

That's true, but also a reason why "hanging around" on other mailing
lists does help to guide people into the right direction - that worked
somehow, or?

Well, and even if someone asks the Design Team to come up with something
- there might be a chance that things are not picked up. So I'm happy
for everyone who brings up a proposal that can be refined (whatever team
this is). For example, Daniela from the German community asked yesterday
what kind of application icons are the recent ones ... for a DVD label.

http://www.mail-archive.com/design@libreoffice.org/msg00541.html

> > Give Fabien a break.  He has produced something that looks great even if it
> > is
> > not exactly what other people would have done.  I think he should use the
> > one he
> > has designed and add it to the
>
> I didn't critized his work. Motivation to make something is every time good.

True :-)

Cheers,
Christoph