Hello everyone,

I'd like to call this discussion to an end. As it was mentionned several times
here and elsewhere, implementing a self-upgrade mechanism, be it silent or
otherwise is for the moment not possible. It's high up there in terms of
developpers visibility, meaning that developers know it's important but given
the nature of our legacy code it requires a lot of efforts - or a lot of money.
Unless someone here is willing to raise money and to write the full spec , this
discussion is daydreaming :-) .

Going back to important matters we are releasing the 4.0 in less than two
months. I'll send out a doodle for a marketing call, Italo will update us on
the communication strategy, and we are still looking for volunteers willing to
design a nice page presenting the 4.0 , among other tasks. Any takers?

Cheers,

Charles.