Hello Issa,

Issa Alkurtass wrote (23-02-13 12:41)

I've been wondering for a while how to handle LibreOffice and The Document
Foundation names in non-Latin languages:
- Translate them to their literal meaning.
- Transliterate them using non-Latin characters.
- Write them in English/using Latin characters.

I've seen all three variations used, but which one is the right one?

Interesting question :-)
I think it partly depends on the situation / public that you comminicate with. In some groups it would be perfect OK to just write the names in English. While maybe for most (just a guess) transliterate would be best. Personally I would like to avoid the first option, translation to their literal meaning. And if it is used, only in combination with one of the two others.

I hope theses thoughts help a bit!

Kind regards,
Cor

--