Hello Tim,

Le Sat, 04 May 2013 10:13:41 -0400,
Kracked_P_P---webmaster <webmas...@krackedpress.com> a écrit :

> On 05/04/2013 05:54 AM, Marc Paré wrote:
> > This is the thread to develop the brochure-type "General
> > Information" brochure. I have uploaded a sample brochure with the
> > content. We should first re-read the content, and once we have
> > agreed on the content, proofed the content and formatted the
> > content, we can move on to completing the rest of the remaining 3
> > versions of this brochure.
> >
> > The reason I started with the USLtr is that Tim says that he has a
> > pressing need for this particular type of community brochure for an
> > upcoming meeting/event.
> >
> > Please have a look at the content and make any suggestions to
> > improve the text on this thread.
> >
> > You may find the file here:
> > https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:LibreOfficeV.4.0.x-CommunityBrochure-GeneralInformation-USLtr.odt
> >

> YES
>
> I have some presentations coming up, starting in June.  Also, every
> time I "chat up" someone about LibreOffice, all I can currently do is
> give them a business card.  Maybe a DVD if I really get someone
> hooked.  But if I had a few brochures in my case/bag that I take with
> my 50% of the time, it would give them some physical "thing" with
> information about LO to take home andmaybe show to the families.
>
> There are places in libraries, and other locations, where you see
> brochures being displayed.  I would love to get a bunch of LO
> brochures placed in these locations.  Since LO is a free
> service/product it may be allowed there.  Half of the brochures are
> for advertising for tourism locationsand businesses. But there are
> some for other "things".
>
> I would like to do an open "event" at thedowntown library branch to
> talk about LibreOffice as a replacement for MSO.  There are a lot of
> things I do not use LO for that might come up in such a
> meeting/presentation, so it would take a lot of prep time before I
> will do that type of open meeting.  The "suits" I want to do, as soon
> as I get the materials needed so I can schedule it, is for several of
> the local Kiwanis organizations.  I am part of the Kiwanis
> organization already, so I just need to get my presentation scheduled
> for one of their lunch meetings. LO will be the second topic I
> presented to these "suits".  The only "problem" will be that half of
> the men/women are over 50 and set in their ways.  I would love to do
> a presentation to the younger Kiwanis "family" groups thatwould have
> no issues to useLO instead of MSO.  They have not spent years at work
> using MSO and does not want to learn a new system.
>
> SO
> I need marketing materials.  Brochures. Signs, Handouts. All of that
> type of thing.  I burn and print my own DVDs.  Now I have a printer
> that can print 13 by 19 inch paper, if I can find it. It may be able
> to print out 12 inch wide by 4 foot long sheets cut from roll paper.
> Right now, I print out 11 by 17 inch tabloid/ledger size paper in
> [...]

Let's get organized here :-) How about this: I'm making a list below,
you fill the status of each item and / or add a few more:

* brochure
* DVD/DVD sticker
* button/small banner/may be printed in a sticker
* T-shirt
* banner/poster

Let us know.
Cheers,

--
Charles-H. Schulz
Co-founder & Director, The Document Foundation,