Tom,
Base works fine for the many users who don't do anything more than dead simple
stuff, so it's not a "horribly broken nightmare" for most people. Of course,
for those affected, that's no doubt true.

But give it a rest; by continually carrying on about it on the marketing list
you accomplish nothing other than annoying people, most of whom can't solve the
problem anyway.

Marc, I think your phrasing is good. The "also" definitely is appropriate and
needed.

--Jean