I'm writing up an alternative interpretation to Ilyenkov's writings on ideality as the integration of the concept of ideality into Marxist-Leninist Theory. When I finish that...
Thanks for the offer.
Oudeyis
----- Original Message ----- From: "Ralph Dumain" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <marxism-thaxis@lists.econ.utah.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, June 07, 2005 16:22
Subject: Re: [Marxism-Thaxis] O, Dialectics!

Yes, I have this book somewhere. So are you going to forward your review to this list?

At 03:31 PM 6/7/2005 +0200, Victor wrote:
Unfortunately, the mainstay of Western interpretations of
Ilyenkov's works is the absolutely wierd product of a Brit academic who
represents them as a sort of sociologically oriented form of Neo-positivism
(itself a contradiction!).  I wrote a first draft on his work that was
totally unsatisfactory (too lacking in focus), and am now finishing up the outline of a revision which hopefully will be the basis of a more accurate
presentation than was my first effort.

I don't quite get this. But my first question is: who is this Brit neo-positivist academic?

Dave Bakhurst of Queens College Ontario and author of Consciousness and Revolution in Soviet Philosophy: From the Bolsheviks to Evald Ilyenkov. 1991