Another way of looking at it might be to divide German-language
philosophy into German vs. Austrian, look at key positions in ontology
and epistemology, and go from there. Then Austrian philosophy divides
still further, but one being a division in 'phenomenology'. In which
case, I know I repeat myself, but Brentano, Husserl,  and Carnap are
the key figures.

I guess the question for people interested in the history of thought
would be: why given all the commonalities and interchanges, do little
fissures develop into gulfs? For one thing, you can't over-estimate
how influence is often based on social position, and the way people
react to others based on a defense of their status--or an attack on
that status. See the way Frege comes across as sarcastic and
dismissive, a stance he apparently adopted because he himself had such
low status and little recognition compared to the people he reviewed
and cited. It might have helped had he not alienated Husserl, who did
treat Frege as a serious thinker and one whose work-- and criticisms
of his own work --he did acknowledge and use.

Here is a book online that is also available in pdf download (but
can't find link right now).
It's a good secondary source as a way into the primary sources.

 http://ontology.buffalo.edu/smith/book/austrian_philosophy/

It's probably already been reviewed here or cited as reviewed
somewhere else but I don't have time to verify that. So sorry if I
hadn't noticed it before in previous discussions.

CJ