Agreed Lajany.  I was very struck here by what Fidel Castro wrote on this
natural disaster.  We are living through events which are all too horrible
to contemplate - yet they are all too real.

On the political front the hopes I had for the Arab revolution are being
murdered by the mad butcher Qaddafi and the other tyrants.

Economically I am witnessing in my native country, Ireland, the sad spectre
of mass immigration arising once more. Elsewhere around the world
"austerity" is now the order of the day.

In ecological terms the poor people of Japant may actually be witnessing the
capital city of their country rendered unlivable, for make no mistake about
it that is what is at stake here.

comradely

Gary