---- Original Message -----
  From: Sheldon Ranz
  To: Thomas F Barton
  Sent: Wednesday, March 19, 2014 10:10 PM
  Subject: Re: [Marxism] progressive academics and bds

  You refer to me, a BDS advocate, as a "Zionist scoundrel"
  because I dare to differ with you in my advocacy of  two-state solution
  that is consistent with, say, Counterpunch's Uri Avnery.

   And by claiming that Zionism is anti-Semitic, you are referring to me as an
  anti-Semite simply because I don't share your anti-Zionism.

********************************************************************************************************************************************************

  COMMENT RE ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

  Zionism is a racist political tendency, combining the most vicious
expansionist nationalism with force of arms.

  There have always been, and are to this day, political tendencies among Jews
all over the world that have fought Zionism implacably, and still fight Zionism
for the evil it is: nothing but a reactionary, odious, bloodthirsty politics
that says a bunch of people can walk into Palestine, slaughter the people
living there, reduce the survivors to objects of scorn and abuse, and stuff
them in huge open air concentration camps, where they may be killed more
conveniently.

  Zionism, like fascism, or any other form of expansionist militarized
nationalism, has nothing whatever progressive or redeeming about it.

  It is no more possible to defend the politics of Zionism that to defend the
slaveholders in the United States who formed a regime founded on similar
principles of structured inequality: The Confederate States Of America.

  As finally occurred in South Africa, where a regime founded on similar
murderous racist tyranny eventually was destroyed by mass resistance, it may be
hoped that one day, the area comprised now by every inch of Israel, including
every inch of the occupied territories, will form one political entity, with
one person, one vote, and where all, regardless of their background, have equal
rights, including the right of the Palestinians to return to their homes.

  In order for that to happen, the Zionist regime must be destroyed, and
Zionism cease to be embodied in a government that proclaims that those who are
not Zionists are inferiors, just as for change to come to South Africa, the
racist regime that ruled there had to be destroyed.

  Nothing less will end the bloodshed, just as nothing less could end the
bloodshed in South Africa generated by a regime openly proclaiming that the
Master Race should rule, and all other bow down before it.

  "A JEW TO ZIONIST FIGHTERS, 1988"

  DO YOU REALLY WANT TO BE THE NEW GESTAPO?

  THE NEW WEHRMACHT?

  THE NEW SA AND SS?

  Have you heard of Erich Fried who is often referred to as the greatest modern
Jewish poet?

  He was born in Vienna in 1921 and escaped to England, with his mother, after
his father was tortured to death by the Gestapo, in 1938.

  Because of his experiences with racism and Fascism he became involved in the
Palestinian cause.

  He was a leader in the fight against both Fascism and Zionism.

  A JEW TO ZIONIST FIGHTERS, 1988

  BY ERICH FRIED

  What do you actually want?

  Do you really want to outdo

  those who trod you down

  a generation ago

  into your own blood

  and into your own excrement

  Do you want to pass on the old torture

  to others now

  in all its bloody and dirty detail

  with all the brutal delight of torturers

  as suffered by your fathers?

  Do you really want to be the new Gestapo

  the new Wehrmacht

  the new SA and SS

  and turn the Palestinians

  into the new Jews?

  Well then I too want,

  having fifty years ago

  myself been tormented for being a Jewboy

  by your tormentors,

  to be a new Jew with these new Jews

  you are making of the Palestinians

  And I want to help lead them as a free people

  into their own land of Palestine

  from whence you have driven them or in which you plague them

  you apprentices of the Swastika

  you fools and changelings of history

  whose Star of David on your flags

  turns ever quicker

  into that damned symbol with its four feet

  that you just do not want to see

  but whose path you are following today