On Sun, Jun 15, 2014 at 6:38 PM, Sheldon Ranz via Marxism <
marxism@lists.csbs.utah.edu> wrote:

The CTU, as headed by Bruce Bailey,
> was a notorious anti-Semitic outfit.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but that was always your dad's claim
(and, at one point, the position of the Metropolitan Council on Housing,
although they'd stopped saying it by the time I got there). It might be
true, but I'd want to hear more about it before I take anyone's word on it.

> The flip, amoral tone that you have employed In your reading of Israel
> Shamir's piece sounded familiar, and then I remembered it from your piece
> in Heights and Valley News condemning Jacobo Timerman. the Argentine Jewish
> publisher of La Opinion, tortured both as a Jew and an anti-fascist by the
> military regime and who went on to condemn Israel's war against Lebanon.

This is a fine example of careless writing that means nothing. You've
completely neglected why Michael condemned him, whether the charges were
valid or baseless, etc. The biography of Timerman (whom I know nothing
about) may be admirable, but is completely beside the point.

lytlað."
Send list submissions to: Marxism@lists.csbs.utah.edu