#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

I would argue firstly that it was Britain was the greatest imperial power.
Germany quickly became the biggest threat to world peace in the 1930s. While we
can certainly refer to the 1930s for indicators, Russia is not today's third
reich neither in terms if its domestic politics or its territorial ambitions.