#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

And as for this all "moral support" business, I can do no better than to
quote Sartre's preface to Fanon's *The Wretched of the Earth*, which I've
inexcusably waited this long to read:

"Sometimes the Left scolds them ... 'you're going too far; we won't support
you any more.' The natives don't give a damn about their support; for all
the good it does them they might as well stuff it up their backsides."

After the EU blacklisted Hezbollah as a "terrorist" organization in 2013,
there were a number of jokes in the region about its fighters running home
to their villages in fright and such.

http://www.dailystar.com.lb/News/Local-News/2013/Jul-24/224823-southerners-find-hilarityin-eu-move-to-blacklist-hezbollah.ashx

In the absence of some concrete mechanism for leftists in the West to turn
their moral support into actual material support, their online ruminations
will count for still less than that.

lytlað."