#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

on Mittwoch, 26. August 2015 at 02:20, Anthony Brain via Marxism gave a link to
his latest Wordpress-blog article, which contained e.g. this:

>  75 Billion Pounds were wasted in the stock market crash in the
> City of London during August 24th 2015. Additionally I have heard
> two days ago that the American Stock Market has lost 5 Trillion
> Dollars. All that money being wasted which could be used for
> productive investments for human need.

 actually no, the drop in stock exchange values only showed that this was
fictitious capital, which could not be realized when their owners tried to
transform it in real values. These stock market values are product of
speculation, not real production of value, even if this fictitious capital is
being used to appropriate real values produced the world around in the process
of a redivision of the surplus value.

 Only human labor produces new value.

 And human labor is the prime force which is needed for productive
investmensts, not money.

 That is why I have always said in regard to the crisis in Greece, that the
first task is not to get the creditors to renounce of parts of their debt
claims, but to mobilise the huge number of unemployed people in the country
(with an unemployed rate of 25%) for a public works programm. Only the real
mobilisation of human beings taking their fate in their working hands can be
the basis for a renegotiation of the foreign debt of Greece.

 Further down he wrote:

> Revolutionary upheavals could become more frequent in the next
> period. Key to Trotskyist strategy is utilise the examples of
> workers’ states of what is possible.

  I don't think that this would help. More important is the practial experience
of the working class people in the capitalist countries with their own force of
the big numbers and own productive role, gaining confidence in their own
strength instead of this destitute thinking that it is always outside forces we
have to expect "help" from.

Cheers,
Lüko Willms