#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

On 8/10/16 1:19 PM, Louis Proyect via Marxism wrote:
I have very little interest in Stein except that she is attracting young
people to the Green Party. She is 66 years old and they are in their
teens and twenties. Such young people have very little interest in or
attraction to Assadist/Kremlin politics. Ironically it is old farts like
her, Baraka, Patrick Cockburn, Seymour Hersh et al who carry Assad’s
water. My main interest is in seeing the GP grow. It has been and will
continue to be a very fluid formation in which notions of the “party
line” are not applicable.

In line with this, I just heard from Omar Sabbour on FB who "intervened" at a George Galloway talk that included support for American air strikes. He said that the middle-aged people were with Galloway:

"What was actually shocking is that very few in the crowd, which was overwhelmingly white middle-aged folk, cared when Galloway *himself* confirmed what I said about him being pro-Western airstrikes. It was actually a bit surreal for me."

But not the young:

"Interestingly nearly everyone who came out and was interested about the criticisms of Galloway were young."