#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

> On Jan 21, 2019, at 2:59 PM, Nick Fredman <nick.j.fred...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> What evidence is there that CTH has “cultivated” a “red-brown politics”?

Of course that isn’t what I asserted. It does seem to me that CTH has to be
seen as part of a broad range of cultural institutions (including also social
media) that have made it more difficult to avoid the kind of distortions,
simplifications and overstatements that both ARR’s writing and this thread
(including Nick’s message) evince. Misrepresentation and overstatement are of
course nothing new, but electronic communications allow such things to be
amplified much more rapidly now and unfortunately I think that has created ripe
cultural terrain for red-brown politics. That doesn’t mean that Taibbi or Ames
or CTH are trying to cultivate such a thing.