Did anybody here expect any different in terms of U.S. relations with
Iran?  I can't recall anybody expecting any change with Obama in terms
of foreign policy.

His primary contribution there was always going to be putting a darker
face on Clintonian policies....

As to "defending Obama," it's an earmark of the movement to defend
anyone under attack because of the invidious distinctions of race,
gender, gender preference, etc.  We always have.  I regard the
"birther" crap as nothing but this, for example.

Whilee--as the birther stuff indicates-[-we live in a much dumber
universe than we used to, I don't think anyone seriously confuses this
with political support...unless they want to, of course...

ML