Einde O'Callaghan (eind...@freenet.de) wrote on 2009-09-21 at 00:28:04 in
about Re: [Marxism] Germany's Die Linke shows the way for the left:

> The key question for Marxists in Germany is not whether DIE LINKE is
> reformist or not, but where Marxists should be active given the weakness
> of Marxism in Germany.

   What is "Marxism" and what who is "Marxist" (both with capital "M"!)?

> My personal view is that they definitely should not be standing
> on the sidelines making abstract comments about how
> inadequate DIE LINKE is.

  Inadequate for what task?

  Besides, what is the big difference with doing entryism in the PDL[1]?

> That is a recipe for disaster analogous to the
> "Class against class!" rhetoric of Third-Period Stalinism - although on
> a lesser scale given that German Marxists today are not as entrenched in
> the working class as the KPD was.

   Supporting the combined socialdemocrats and stalinists in their fight for
entry into bourgeois governments is something completely different from
fighting for a common front of _action_ to defend the working class
movement and our institutions against a fascist onslought. Very strange that
you can confuse these two issues.

    And ask yourself: how do you answer the bourgeois commentators who
wonder about how little the PDL gained in and from the economic crisis?

Comradely yours,
Lüko Willms
Frankfurt, Germany