Mark Lause wrote:

There's that clip circulating on YouTube from 2007 in which Obama the
Candidate said most explicitly: "I will promise you this, that if we have
not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing
I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You
can take that to the bank. ..."

Yeah, but in that clip Obama was talking about Iraq (not that he
hasn't been dragging his feet on that issue as well), not Afghanistan.
On the latter, he never promised to wind the war down. He promised to
expand it, which is precisely what he is doing. If it is being
suggested that it is not good politics to remind people of the fact
that on this issue there was no betrayal, that they are getting what
they voted for, then so be it, but at least on this list let's keep
the record straight.

Why should we pander to each other?

Greg

Greg