 Yes, the right-wingers are openly gloating now (from Alternet):
There's a big fat irony here:

*Obama's supporters are furious at him because he finally kept one of his
promises (Afghan war).*

So much for the theory that progressives are smart. ;)

Obama's treachery will lead to new discussions about the need for
a 3rd party to the left of the DP. My guess is that many of the
people involved in the discussions will be disillusioned
Democrats. The revolt in liberal ranks by Jane Hamsher, Garry
Wills and Michael Moore is an expression of important trends that
can lead somewhere down the road. Despite the fact that such
people do not recite chapter and verse of the Grundrisse is no
reason to turn up our noses at them.

I have my doubts about the Pwogdems (expressed before), but of course the
few splitters should be welcomed - to a reminder of their own class
character, by spelling out that we do not favor yet another middle-class 3rd
party effort.  See my previous "Obama channels Beck" for more details.  And
Moore will be expected to open his ample wallet as need be.

To complaints from that quarter that a working class approach would be "too
radical", I'd say that never have the prospects for the standard
middle-class approach been so dim, and that of the other been so ripe.  And
they will only get riper, no matter how the present economic crisis is
surmounted for the time being.  Because this isn't 1948 - it is more like
1876 in reverse (for the bourgeoisie).

-Matt