Louis posted a 2007 article on Bolivia's Chacaltaya glacier. He complains that
I am uninformed, but does he realize that glacier finally disappeared in 2009 -
with no catastrophic effects? Moreover, it isn't even clear that its melting
away was caused by global warming.

You can all inform yourselves about it at wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chacaltaya

Paddy wrote:
"It is time for some deep thinking; proper discussion of history and science
... [clip] This whole question needs serious discussion - not ad hominem
attacks ..."

Paddy, I agree with you. Let's hope one day the left can discuss this issue in
a rational and civilized way.

Paula