Hi I read on the py2exe wiki that the 0.83 line creates huge
distributions because of trouble excluding backends that are not
wanted.
  ( http://starship.python.net/crew/theller/moin.cgi/MatPlotLib )

I do need to have a small distribution on windows.  Which version of
matplotlib was the last to play nicely with py2exe?

Has anyone had any luck with 0.83.3 and excluding tk and gtk backends?
(I'm using wx)

I'm also getting a strange dependancy on the unicode version of
wxPython, when I'm using the non-unicode version, and that's adding
another 5MB onto my distro.

Thanks,
-Jim