Hi,

A colleague of mine uses Python on Windows.  When he upgraded to
matplotlib 0.90 (from 0.82, I think) he started getting an import
error when importing pylab.  We tried many combinations and the only
thing that fixed it was downgrading back to 0.82.

We tried:
python2.4 and python2.5
numpy 1.0.1 and 1.0.2
matplotlib 0.90 and 0.87.7

We got the same error with all of those combinations.  The error
message was an "ImportError: DLL load failed", when doing "from
matplotlib._ns_transforms import *".  It is the same problem that
others reported earlier:
        http://www.mail-archive.com/matplotlib-users@lists.sourceforge.net/
msg02841.html
All of our installs were from the .exe Windows binaries, not source
compilations, and in all cases import numpy, numpy.test(1), and
import matplotlib produced no errors.
Note that we have not installed either Numeric or numarray, but we
tried adding Numeric and it didn't help.

Has anyone found a solution?  We'd like to upgrade to a matplotlib
later that 0.87.5 to get matplotlib.patches.Ellipse().

Thanks,

-- Paul