Hi Paul,

Paul Ray wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A colleague of mine uses Python on Windows.  When he upgraded to
> matplotlib 0.90 (from 0.82, I think) he started getting an import
> error when importing pylab.  We tried many combinations and the only
> thing that fixed it was downgrading back to 0.82.
>
> We tried:
> python2.4 and python2.5
> numpy 1.0.1 and 1.0.2
> matplotlib 0.90 and 0.87.7

What backend are you using?

If you use wxPython then as of 0.87.?  something you need to either use
wxPython 2.6 Unicode or rename the following file:

matplot\backends\_wxagg.pyd

matplot\backends\_wxagg DO NOT USE.pyd (or something similar).

The 0.87 version was compiled against wxPython 2.6 to take accelarate some
functions, by renaming the above file you basically deactive this accelaration
code.

I believe the next version of matplotlib will get rid of this dependency.

Werner