Wayne E. Harlan wrote:
> Bill:
>
> I do not have that problem using mpl-0.90.1 or svn which I checked out
> and installed yesterday.  I have gimp-2.2.17 and have no problems
> opening them on my linux system or my two XP systems at work.  The
> issue I do find is that when I specify the DPI in the savefig command,
> it does not properly get encoded into the png, although the size of
> the graphic is set accordingly.  So maybe that is a clue to what's
> happening to you.  You are saving them as "something.png", right ?

I discovered the problem, xv and gimp were compiled without png support.

Thanks for your input.

--
Bill

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Gentoo Linux X86_64 2.6.20-gentoo-r8

Reclaim Your Inbox with http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/

All things cometh to he who waiteth as long as he who waiteth worketh like hell
while he waiteth.