Eric Firing wrote:
> Bill Dandreta wrote:
>> There appears to be a problem with .png files that matplotlib
>> creates. Some programs (like GIMP <http://www.gimp.org/> and xv)
>> <http://www.trilon.com/xv/> do not identify them as png files and
>> cannot display them.
>
> Would you be more specific, please?  I can't reproduce the problem.  I
> don't have xv, but on my ubuntu feisty machine the "file" command and
> gimp both recognize mpl-generated png files (using Agg backend).
>
> Do you have mpl-generated png files that are recognized by some
> display programs but not by gimp and xv?  If so, what are the programs
> that recognize them?  What version of mpl was used, and what backend?
> Please provide an example.
I resolved the problem. It was unrelated to mpl. xv and gimp were
complied w/o png support. Recompiling with png support resolved the problem.

--
Bill

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Gentoo Linux X86_64 2.6.20-gentoo-r8

Reclaim Your Inbox with http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/

All things cometh to he who waiteth as long as he who waiteth worketh like hell
while he waiteth.