[My original response to the list got bounced because it included zip files. I
am posting again without the attachments.]

I attached the results (_b is with BROKEN = 0). I didn't notice any problems
in the Vera test, but in cmmi, Delta has problems when BROKEN is 1, it looks
better when BROKEN is 0.

I think the problem is related to autohinting. When I compile freetype, the
patented bytecode and subpixel hinting support is disabled, I am using
freetype's autohinting instead. I recompiled freetype with the support for
the patented hinting instead of autohinting, and reran the test on cmmi.ttf.
The result is cmmi10_p.txt.

Darren

Darren S. Dale, Ph.D.
Staff Scientist