I was working on a figure, using mathtext and the Arev Sans fontset,
and I noticed that \Delta does not display correctly.  In fact, none
of the capitol greek letters show up.  It claims they are missing
(and I do not default back to CM).  However, I _know_ Arev Sans has
\Delta (and the others).

Little \delta and all the other little greek letters are there:

 >>> text(0.5, 0.5, r'$\Delta$')
/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/site-
packages/matplotlib/mathtext.py:808: MathTextWarning: Font
'BitstreamVeraSerif-Roman' does not have a glyph for '\Delta'
   MathTextWarning)
/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/site-
packages/matplotlib/mathtext.py:817: MathTextWarning: Substituting
with a dummy symbol.
   warn("Substituting with a dummy symbol.", MathTextWarning)
     <matplotlib.text.Text instance at 0x476f8f30>
 >>> text(0.5, 0.5, r'$\alpha \beta \gamma \delta \nu \eta \zeta \pi
\xi$')
     <matplotlib.text.Text instance at 0x478a6e18>

Am I doing something wrong?

-Rob

----
Rob Hetland, Associate Professor
Dept. of Oceanography, Texas A&M University
http://pong.tamu.edu/~rob
phone: 979-458-0096, fax: 979-845-6331