On Dec 3, 2007, at 2:53 PM, Michael Droettboom wrote:

> Personally, I like to set the math fonts explicitly, rather than
> using the font categories.  This is what I set for using Arev Sans:
>
> mathtext.cal : Arev Sans:oblique
> mathtext.it  : Arev Sans:oblique
> mathtext.rm  : Arev Sans
> mathtext.bf  : Arev Sans:bold
> mathtext.sf  : Arev Sans

Ah, yes.  This makes sense now. I used to have my fonts set up this
way, but then changed them based on one of the newer
matplotlibrc.default files.  Now I changed it back, and things work
fine.

-Rob

----
Rob Hetland, Associate Professor
Dept. of Oceanography, Texas A&M University
http://pong.tamu.edu/~rob
phone: 979-458-0096, fax: 979-845-6331