On Tuesday 04 December 2007 14:27:21 you wrote:
> On Dec 4, 2007 8:23 AM, José Gómez-Dans <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > PS and Agg work fast enough, and produce meaningful PS and PNG output
> > files (as well as popping up a window with the plot)
>
> Wait a minute, if you are getting a plot window when you pass -dPS or
> -dAgg, something very odd is happening and likely points to what is
> causing your real problem.  It means some other GUI toolkit is getting
> activated and the slowness you are seeing is resulting from a conflict
> between mainloops, most likely.  If this is indeed the case, please
> run with either -dAgg or -sPS and post the full debug annoying output.

Sorry, my wrong. There's no such window when running with Agg. There was
another window from another session which I mistakenly thought had to do with
these tests. Agg and PS produce PNG and PS files respectively, with no window
popping up. Apologies for that.

>  Also, post the exact script you are running....

It is in the beginning of my debug output, but I'll re-send the script and
command line:

*script (test.py):
from pylab import *
plot([1,2,3])
show()
savefig("myfig")

*command line:
python test.py -dGTKAgg --verbose-debug-annoying

Thanks,