On Tuesday 04 December 2007 15:31:04 John Hunter wrote:
> What about these scripts
>
> # just make a figure
> from pylab import *
> figure()

Takes a long time.

> # just make a subplot
> from pylab import *
> subplot(111)

Takes a long time.

> I'm trying to narrow down where the problem is occurring and am still
> stumped as to the explanation...

I've used MPL in a few system, and it is only on this particular one that it
has this delay! Incidentally, do you want the debug output from these two
scripts? They essentially the same as the ones I sent before (up to backend
GTKAgg version 2.10.1, where the output stops, and after a while, we're back
at the command line).

Thanks,