Eric Firing wrote:
> Both with respect to documentation and functionality, what you are
> encountering is the historical aspect of masked arrays as a tacked-on
> part of python numeric packages, and of matplotlib.

*sigh* I feel lucky ;-)

> Support and
> integration are improving, but still far from perfect.

I wish I could help, but my knowledge is lacking...

> Now with respect to your particular case here, trying to plot a filled
> line with gaps: poly_between has no notion of masked arrays at present.
>  If it did, how should it behave?

Well, what I actually settled on was juat doing using:

my_masked_array.filled(0)

...to plot with.

> At the very least, additional
> arguments are needed to specify what should happen for fill-type
> plotting with missing values.

Indeed, what I personally would have liked was a complete gap where the
data is missing, but I guess that would have to return multiple
polygons, and I don't know how that would work?

> provide them in mpl.  I would be happy to fix this gap in mpl's handling
> of gappy data,

> but I can't make it a priority use of my time right now.

No, I understand :-)

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk