Andrew Charles wrote:
> Compiling Matplotlib from source, or easy_installing the egg

>>From the egg:
> ld: in /sw/lib/libJPEG.dylib, file is not of required architecture for

hmm -- odd, I wouldn't think the egg should be linked against what looks
like a  macports libJPEG -- are you sure it isn't trying to build the
egg when you easy_install?

> And from source:

> ld: in /sw/lib/libJPEG.dylib, file is not of required architecture for
> architecture ppc

It's trying to link against a macports libJPEG. However, macports
doesn't build universal binaries, and the MacPython tries to build them,
and hence the problem.

I'd try to find another libJPEG -- The UnixImageIO Frameworks form
KyngChaos are a good choice, though I don't know off the top of my head
how to get MPL to find them.

http://www.kyngchaos.com/wiki/software:frameworks

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

[EMAIL PROTECTED]