Thanks for the quick answer.
So if I have a series of 18 points withe measured distance, and 18 data
points with distance, it makes it almost impossible to build the graph ??? I
can't type 18^18 points.... I want the computer to plot the points and
extrapulate between them...

excuse me the possibly dumb question, I am new to sceintific programming and
for matplotlib

Oz