On Sat, Nov 8, 2008 at 5:45 PM, Jae-Joon Lee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I think the problem is caused by the image compositing logic in the
> Axes.draw() method.
> It currently makes a composite image first and then flip the resulting
> image  if necessary.
> But I think what should happen is to flip the original images first
> and then do the compositing.
> So, test the attached patch and see if it solves the problem.

Hey Jae Joon -- thanks for looking into this.  I don't have time to
test this patch, but I wanted to mention that there is an analogous
problem for figure image compositing -- see figimage_demo.py.  agg
shows the correct behavior: the two images should be in the lower
left, and the blue should be down for image origin=lower and the blue
should be up for image origin=upper.  So if you are having success
with the image compositing orientation problems on the various
backends, you may want to see if your fixes apply to the figimage
problems as well.

Thanks,
JDH