On Sun, Nov 23, 2008 at 1:26 PM, John Hunter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/examples/api/fill_where_demo.html
>
> The code is much simpler than the fill_between_posneg original
> example, which I have just removed from svn.

The fill between use case is common enough that I decided to make it
an axes/pyplot method.  No need to use the intermediate
"mlab.poly_between" anymore.  fill_between has signature::

  fill_between(x, y1, y2=0, where=None, **kwargs)

y1 or y2 can be scalars or length x arrays.  If where is None, the
fill will be make everywhere between y1 and y2.  If where is not None,
it is a len(x) np boolean array and the fill will happen only where
where==True.

The examples are all now folded into fill_between.py

http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/examples/pylab_examples/fill_between.html

JDH