Massimo,

I'm sorry I didn't reply to your email.  It fell through the cracks,
so to speak.

WxMpl development has been stalled for quite some time now because I
developed bilateral carpal tunnel syndrome this past spring.  It was
not my intention to leave it abandoned and incompatible with
matplotlib, but I've been finding everything to be a bit of an uphill
battle these days.

My current plan is to spend some time later this month bringing WxMpl
up to date with the API changes.  I'd be very pleased to see it hosted
as a matplotlib toolkit, so I'll move it over once it's working
properly.  If someone wants to move the source over and start hacking
on it in the interim, please be my guest.

Ken