Ken,

Thanks a lot for your answer. I am very happy to know that you are alive and (mostly) healthy and that you didn't forget us! :)

I'm sorry I didn't reply to your email. It fell through the cracks, so to speak.

WxMpl development has been stalled for quite some time now because I developed bilateral carpal tunnel syndrome this past spring. It was not my intention to leave it abandoned and incompatible with matplotlib, but I've been finding everything to be a bit of an uphill battle these days.

Woah, how bad. I'm sorry about that, I hope you're somehow recovering.

My current plan is to spend some time later this month bringing WxMpl up to date with the API changes. I'd be very pleased to see it hosted as a matplotlib toolkit, so I'll move it over once it's working properly. If someone wants to move the source over and start hacking on it in the interim, please be my guest.

Thanks a lot for your interest. I didn't have time to go into the wxmpl source, but another guy (Paulo Meira , [EMAIL PROTECTED] ) did a terrific work in bringing wxmpl up to date. I think you could start by contacting him.

I attach his patched wxmpl.py in this mail. What I can say is that it is mostly working, at least for basic plotting, but it has some funny bug here and there (i.e. one of my collegues found on his system that the axes direction flips when zooming). It could be an interesting startpoint.

Thanks a lot for your feedback again. I develop a data analysis application that uses wx and MPL and your little library made things much easier. Thanks for your wonderful work.

Massimo

--
Massimo Sandal , Ph.D.
University of Bologna

snail mail:
Via Irnerio 48, 40126 Bologna, Italy

email:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

web:
http://www.biocfarm.unibo.it/samori/people/sandal.html

tel: +39-051-2094388
fax: +39-051-2094387

begin:vcard
fn:Massimo Sandal
n:Sandal;Massimo
org:University of Bologna;Department of Biochemistry
adr:;;Via Irnerio 48;Bologna;;40126;Italy
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
tel;work:+39-051-2094388
tel;fax:+39-051-2094387
x-mozilla-html:FALSE