>>> mfc="None" does the job. mec should then default to the line color.

>> Hmm, I just tried that and it doesn't default to the line color, it
>> instead makes a black edge color for the marker.  I am still using
>> version 0.90.1; is this a newer feature in the latest release? (yes, I
>> will upgrade, just been pokey about it since I was working on other
>> issues).

> I don't remember when I worked on this issue, but it may well be that it
was after
> 0.90.1

Well, I just upgraded matplotlib to the latest, 0.98.5.2, and it is still
not making the colors of the marker edges match the lines.  They're still
black, despite the various lines being red, blue, green...

This is with the wxAgg backend.  The line in my code is:

line = self.subplot.plot_date(dates,values,'-o',picker=5, lw=2,
         markersize=9, mfc="None")

(Also, since upgrading, now I have a number of things that have changed/are
not working in my app, will have to change, but that's probably for the
better since I know there are some nice new features in mpl)

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Che