Norbert Nemec wrote:
> Before my work in 2004, the colors were not following the line color at
> all, which was clearly bad behavior.
>
> Now, there are two categories: filled markers (with edge color black and
> filling following the line color) and non-filled markers (with edge
> color following line color).
>
> The black edge of filled markers is a matter of style which I personally
> like and would not want to change.
>
> The thing that was up for dispute was only about what the edge color of
> filled markers should do when the filling is switched off. I see three
> ways to solve this:
>
> a) Leave it black. (current behavior)
> b) Switch mec to line color if mfc is either "none" or "white".
> c) Switch mec to line color if mfc is not "auto"

For (b), please don't consider "white" as equivalent to "none"--they are
completely different.  The most logical thing, with minimum surprise and
maximum ease of use, *might* be to consider filled markers with the
filling turned off as exactly equivalent to unfilled markers.  Setting
mfc to "none" is what turns off the filling.

I don't see any docstring explanation of the "auto" settings.

Eric