On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 10:43 AM, Jeremy Conlin <jerem...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am using Mac OS X 10.5.5 and have installed Enthought's latest Python
> distribution which includes Matplotlib 0.98.3.  I get a fatal python error
> whenever I try to import matplotlib.pyplot.  The exact message I get is:
> Fatal Python error: Interpreter not initialized (version mismatch?)
> Abort trap
>
> Has anyone else had a problem with this?  Please help me because I can't do
> any plotting until it's fixed!

So you haven't installed matplotlib or wxpython separately?  This error can
arise when the version of python that built the extension is not the same as
the version of python you are running.  I suggest making sure you have a
clean install of enthought python (remove the install dir entirely),
reinstall it, and if you still see the same problem report it on the
enthought list because it looks like a build problem more than a matplotlib
problem.

Before you report, you may want to do some extra diagnostics.  Eg create a
script like

  import matplotlib
  matplotlib.use('Agg')
  import matplotlib.pyplot

and try running this script, replacing 'Agg' with 'PS', 'PDF', 'TkAgg' and
'WXAgg' and noting whether all fail in the same way, or if only some do.