On Thu, Apr 9, 2009 at 7:06 AM, Andrew Straw <straw...@astraw.com> wrote:

> Lorenzo Di Gregorio wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I've tried to build matplotlib 0.98.5.2 for Python 2.6 under Windows
> > (Win2k) using MinGW and win32_static.  After a few fixes, the
> > compilation and install appear to be ok, but I've got stuck at
> > importing matplotlib._path (see transcript below).
> > Any suggestions on what is going wrong and how to fix it?
> >
> >   File "C:\Python26\lib\site-packages\matplotlib\artist.py", line 5,
> > in <module>
> >
> >     from transforms import Bbox, IdentityTransform, TransformedBbox,
> > Transformed
> > Path
> >   File "C:\Python26\lib\site-packages\matplotlib\transforms.py", line
> > 34, in <mo
> > dule>
> >     from matplotlib._path import affine_transform
> > ImportError: DLL load failed: Die angegebene Prozedur wurde nicht
> > gefunden.
> >
> Did _path.cpp get compiled to a .pyd OK? (Do you have
> C:\PYTHON26\Lib\site-packages\matplotlib\_path.pyd installed? -- I guess
> that's where it would be... Not running Python on Windows, though, I
> could be off a bit.)

Yes, that's compiled and installed at the location you mentioned.
In fact I have no idea what is wrong with that.
How does a .pyd reference a DLL and what is it supposed to load?

> And, as a hint to anyone else attempting to debug this: the above
> traceback means "The given procedure was not found". (And Lorenzo Di
> Gregorio doesn't sound like a very German name to me, so why your
> computer is speaking German I don't know... :)

Right, I don't know either why I haven't switched it already ;-) But
mitigating circumstances for lazyness are that German is my second language,
my wife is German, I live and work in Germany etc.

I do find something nice about running Python 2.6 under Win2k, though...

... under Linux it was too easy ;-P (my company runs Win2k!)