On 4/10/09, Michael Droettboom <md...@stsci.edu> wrote:

> Lorenzo Di Gregorio wrote:
>
>> Well, that's exactly the problem: I just can't load some DLLs!
>>  >>> import matplotlib._path
>>
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>  File "<pyshell#0>", line 1, in <module>
>>    import matplotlib._path
>> ImportError: DLL load failed: Die angegebene Prozedur wurde nicht
>> gefunden.
>>
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>  File "<pyshell#2>", line 1, in <module>
>>    import matplotlib._image
>> ImportError: DLL load failed: Die angegebene Prozedur wurde nicht
>> gefunden.
>>
>> I have run python -vv, it tries also ..._path but does not load it, so I
>> think it might be a linking problem.
>> I've noticed that _delaunay.cpp has a "PyMODINIT_FUNC init_delaunay(void)"
>> while _path.cpp has just a "void init_path(void)".
>>
> If you make that change, does it work?

No, I tried.

I have also tried to start python -vv.
For _delaunay I get a correct import.

# trying C:\Python26\lib\site-packages\matplotlib\_delaunay.pyd
import matplotlib._delaunay # dynamically loaded from
C:\Python26\lib\site-packages\matplotlib\_delaunay.pyd

For _path and _image I get

>>> import matplotlib._path
# trying C:\Python26\lib\site-packages\matplotlib\_path.pyd
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
ImportError: DLL load failed: Die angegebene Prozedur wurde nicht gefunden.
>>> import matplotlib._image
# trying C:\Python26\lib\site-packages\matplotlib\_image.pyd
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
ImportError: DLL load failed: Die angegebene Prozedur wurde nicht gefunden.

So Python checks the right place but then concludes that the DLL is not
there.  I guess something goes wrong with the linking, but in fact I do not
know how to write a DLL for Python and I'm stuck now.
I have checked that the compilation was ok and the rest of the installation
(GTK+ etc) is ok.  I can import matplotlib itself.  In the packages I had
only one package to patch: I think "gpobjects" had a reference to "@FFI_LIB@".
This was getting through pkg-config and stopping the compilation, so I have
removed it.

... HELP! ;-)

Regards,
Lorenzo